- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Serve these succulent pieces of jumbo shrimp in a tangy coconut sauce as a delicious starter for your next dinner party.
- 1/3 cup purchased unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pound fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells (about 15 to 18), peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Make the dipping sauce by mixing the coconut milk and cornstarch together in a small saucepan and then cooking over low heat for 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, stir the wasabi paste, ginger and 1 teaspoon of the lime juice together until combined. Stir into the cooled coconut milk mixture and then place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or sauté pan for 35 seconds, and then add the shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in the soy sauce, garlic and red pepper and cook mixture for 1 additional minute.
- Remove the shrimp mixture from the heat and toss with the remaining lime juice. Serve immediately along with the coconut dipping sauce.