- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
You can top this hearty spiced breakfast dish made with rye berries, with a swirl of fresh cream or whole milk.
- 1/4 cup rye berries
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 4 Brazilian nuts, crushed
- 1 cardamom pod, seeds removed and ground
- 1 allspice berry, ground
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey or to taste
- Cream to garnish
- Place the rye berries into a saucepan with the water and bring to a boil. Stir in the raisins, nuts, cardamom and allspice and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the mint, honey and butter to the pan, stir briefly to combine and then serve drizzled with some fresh cream.