- Prep: 12 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 12 hr 5 min
- Serving: Makes 3 cups
A blend of ricotta and cream cheese makes a delicious base for this Spicy Ricotta Cheese Dip. Serve with crudités or crispy whole wheat crackers.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 green onions, minced plus some to garnish
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely minced
- buttermilk, yogurt or sour cream
- Place the cumin and the black pepper into a mortar and pestle and grind until the mixture becomes a powder.
- Transfer the cumin mixture to a bowl, add the ricotta, cream cheese, cayenne, salt, garlic, onions and parsley, and stir vigorously until combined. Use buttermilk, yogurt or sour cream to thin the dip out to desired consistency, and then cover and place in the refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Prior to serving, garnish with the remaining green onions.