- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 10 cups
A healthier alternative to fat-laden buttered popcorn this spicy popcorn mixture, made with cinnamon, turmeric and red pepper, is packed with flavor.
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 10 cups unsalted hot air-popped popcorn
- Place all of the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat, stir to combine and cook until bubbly.
- Put the popcorn into a large bowl and pour over the sauce. Toss to coat and serve immediately.