- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
A Michelada cocktail is made with a Mexican beer base. Try this spicy version which is also said to be an immediate cure for hangovers.
- 1 12-ounce Mexican-style beer, chilled
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Tapatío hot sauce
- 3-5 dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 10 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Lime wedge
- Place the salt, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder into a shallow bowl and mix to combine. Run a lime wedge around the rim of a cocktail glass and then dip the rim into the salt mixture to coat.
- Pour the lime juice into the prepared glass and then add the seasoning mix, Tapatío and Tabasco. Top with the beer, stir well to combine and then serve immediately.