- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 10
Spicy Mexican Roll-Ups are a South of the Border sandwich on soft flour tortillas.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1, 16 ounce refried beans
- 1, 4 ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup hot taco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1, 12 1/2 ounce package flour tortillas, 10 tortillas
- 1/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1, 6 ounce can pitted ripe olives, drained
- In 10 inch skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, cook celery until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove celery to plate; set aside.
- In same skillet over high heat, brown ground beef and onion, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in refried beans, green chilies, taco sauce and salt until heated through; keep warm.
- Heat tortillas as package directs until they are soft. Spread 1/2 cup bean mixture in lengthwise strip in center of each tortilla. Top with sauteed celery and cheese. Fold left and right sides of tortilla over mixture. Serve with tomato wedges and olives.