- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Use chili-flavored olive oil to bring out the heat in the Spicy Lemon Linguine recipe.
- 1 pound of linguini
- 1/2 cup of chili-flavored olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 or 3 spring of chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 lemon, grated for the zest
- 3 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup water, reserved from cooking the linguini
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook linguini in boiling, salted water until al dente. Reserve one cup of the water from cooking the linguini.
- While the linguini is cooking, add chili oil and parsley to a large, pasta serving bowl.
- Zest the lemon over the bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture.
- Whisk the mixture together and then add the hot, cooked linguini to it.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and pine nuts and toss all together.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Used the reserved linguini water to add to the mixture if the pasta seems dry.