- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Total: 9 min
- Serving: Makes about 1/2 cup
This hot and spicy rub brings the intense flavors of Jamaica to your kitchen table. Use on chicken, beef or fish.
- 1/4 cup ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 habañero peppers, seeds and membrane removed
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and thyme in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes until fragrant.
- Place the spices in a food processor and add the scallions, garlic, chiles, rum, orange juice, salt and pepper. Process the mixture until smooth.