- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 2
Kadhi is a delicious spicy North Indian dish which is famous in the state of Punjab.
- 1 1/4 cup Gram flour
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Ajwan powder
- 1/4 cup Potato, chopped
- 1 tsp Red chillie Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 dry red chillie whole
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil and for deep frying
- 1 tbsp Salt (or as per taste)
- 1 pinch Asafetida
- Take a large bowl, add gram flour, turmeric Powder, ajwan powder, asafetida and half a cup of water in it. Mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Add onion and potato in it and make balls out of this mixture.
- Take a deep saucepan, heat oil in it. Deep fry the mixture balls in it until golden brown in colour.
- Take another bowl, add yoghurt and 1/4 cup gram flour in it. Mix well until smooth batter is prepared.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water in it. Mix well.
- Take another deep saucepan, add fenugreek seeds, chopped ginger and dry red chili in it. Fry for half a minute.
- Add yoghurt, red chili powder and gram flour mixture in it. Let it boil and cook on sim for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add fried balls and cook on sim for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.