- Prep: 1 hr 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 16 slices
These slices of goat cheese, dredged in spices and sesame seeds, are great alone as an appetizer, or placed on top of a salad.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1, 11-ounce log chilled soft fresh goat cheese, cut in slices
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the sesame seeds, cumin, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Dredge one side of each goat cheese slice in the spice mixture to coat and then put on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and chill for 1-1/2 hours.
- Transfer the slices of cheese to a serving dish, and serve with whole wheat crackers and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.