- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total: 3 hr
- Serving: 10-12 People
One of the best things about tofu is how easy it is to transform its bland flavor into something memorable. These spicy, curry-flavored skewers are the perfect hors d'oeuvres for parties or gatherings for people living a meat-free lifestyle. Paired with roasted mushrooms, carrots and tomatoes, these skewers are incredibly flavorful and very healthy!
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomato
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 gloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- To make spicy curry sauce: Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process well to create a fragrant Thai red curry paste. If too thick, add a little more coconut milk to help blend ingredients.
- Place tofu into sauce and let marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour. The longer you marinade, the stronger the flavor.
- While tofu is marinating, chop mushrooms, carrots and tomatoes. Place on the cookie sheet. Pour olive oil over the vegetables with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 12-20 minutes or until soft.
- When tofu is done marinating, carefully chop into bite size pieces. Place pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes until firm.
- On small skewers, place tofu, carrots, tomatoes and mushrooms, interchanging between each one. Serve with extra curry sauce and enjoy!