- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 5
Spicy Curd gravy with boiled potatoes. This curd and potato mixture can be had in all the meals.
- 3 potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 cup curd, beaten
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 stock curry leaves
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (an Indian Spice)
- 2 pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic, grated
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp wheat flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- Mash one potato and keep aside.
- Cut rest of the potatoes into 4 parts each. Keep aside.
- Take a small bowl, add all dry spices and 1/4 cup water in it to make spice mixture. Mix well.
- Take a sauce pan and heat oil in it.
- Fry cumin and mustard seeds in it until cumin seeds are golden brown in colour.
- Put ginger, garlic, curry leaves and chili in it.
- Put spice mixture into it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put curd into it and stir fry until curd loses its whiteness.
- Put water, flour and all potatoes in it. Keep on stirring.
- Cook on sim until it thickens and gravy is well done.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves over it.
- Serve hot with Indian breads or rice.