- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4
The egg white batter used in this spicy crab salad crepes recipe works very well with sweet and savory fillings. Cook gently so that you maintain as much of the batter's "whiteness" as possible.
- 1 cup spring onions, chopped
- 12 ounces crabmeat
- 1 dash Tabasco® sauce
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 teaspoons vegetable stock or water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- a few bok choy leaves, shredded
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- smoked paprika
- In a bowl, gently mix together the chopped spring onions, crabmeat, Tabasco® sauce, yogurt and soy sauce. Cover and chill until required.
- Put the egg whites and cornstarch in a bowl and stir in the stock or water, mixing well to form a smooth paste. Season lightly.
- Brush a non-stick crepe pan — 6 inch (15 centimeter) base diameter — with a little oil and heat until hot. Pour in a quarter of the batter, tilting the pan to cover the base. Cook over low- to moderate heat for a few seconds until just set. Flip the crepe over and cook for a few more seconds, taking care not to brown the crepe.
- Drain on a paper towel, layer with baking parchment and keep warm while you make the remaining three crepes. Stir the batter each time it is used.
- Lay the crepes on warm plates and fill with the bok choy, pepper and crab salad. Fold the crepes over the filling and serve dusted with paprika.