- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 12 Servings
These crab cakes are far from bland; made with a mix of spices and served with a roasted red pepper dip, your guests will be coming back for seconds and thirds!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapenos
- 3 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup fine seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (7 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek-style yogurt
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs with a fork until blended. Mix in the crab, cheeses, chives, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and garlic powder. Mix until well blended.
- Place breadcrumbs on a flat plate and set aside.
- Form each cake into 1/2 inch thick patties and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high, and heat oil. Fry each cake for a minute and a half on each side. Cakes will be golden brown. Remove cakes and place on paper towel to drain.
- In a food processor, process mayonnaise with red peppers. Serve as a dip for the crab cakes.