- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Marinade for 8 ounces medium to large shrimp
This marinade is made from a blend of chipotle peppers, garlic, paprika and a mix or red, black and cayenne pepper. The result is a spicy and flavorful mixture that will add considerable flavor, depth and color to your shrimp.
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Reserved Adobo Sauce
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Place the garlic, chipotle peppers, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, cilantro, sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper into a food processor, and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the marinade to a large Ziploc bag, add the shrimp and seal the bag. Flip the bag a few times to coat the shrimp and then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate.