- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
With the wide array of artisanal cheeses available at the supermarket or deli, home cooks never have to cook the same meal twice. Also, as a bonus, modest amounts of cheese can be a part of your healthy diet.
Chef Bernstein-Martinez, a former ballerina who is passionate about following a healthy lifestyle, advises, “Whether making a meal or preparing a snack, natural cheese should be a staple ingredient to consider. Natural cheese offers an almost endless supply of meal options while also providing much of your daily recommended amounts of protein and calcium.”
Here is one of Chef Bernstein-Martinez’s favorite Mexican recipes featuring Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Heat heavy cream in a saucepan on high. Add spices and season with salt, if desired. Add cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and serve warm with tortilla chips.