- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Hot peppers make Spicy Cheese Enchiladas a zesty treat.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can of milk
- 1/2 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 small can hot peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 small jar pimento, drained and chopped
- 20 tortillas
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- Brown ground beef with salt and garlic powder in skillet, stirring until crumbly. Combine next three ingredients in saucepan. Cook over low heat until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Add soup mix, peppers and pimento and set aside.
- Soften tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil, draining on paper towel. Add Cheddar cheese and onions to cooled ground beef, mixing well. Fill tortillas with ground beef mixture. Roll to enclose filling.
- Place in 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Pour cheese sauce over enchiladas. Bake covered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.