- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 12
These vegetarian brinjal and potato fingers are very delicious and spicy.
- 5 medium brinjals
- 2 peeled Potatoes
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp refined flour
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder (or to taste)
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil (additional oil for deep frying)
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 chopped spring onion greens
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp green chili sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Mix two tablespoons of water and one tablespoon corn flour in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, take two tablespoons corn flour, pepper powder, salt, two tablespoons soya sauce, refined flour and water to make a smooth batter.
- Make fingers out of the potatoes and brinjals by cutting them. And make strips out of tomatoes.
- Boil the potato fingers partially.
- Take a deep frying pan and add oil into it for deep frying. Heat it.
- Coat the partially boiled potato fingers with batter and deep fry. Take them out and place on paper hand towel in a plate.
- Coat the brinjal fingers with batter and deep fry. Take them out and place on paper hand towel in another plate.
- Take another pan and heat two tablespoons of oil into it.
- Fry chopped garlic in it for a minute.
- Add and mix well the green chilies, salt, pepper powder, green chili sauce, 1 tablespoon soya sauce and tomato sauce.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cook for 4 minutes on sim.
- Add fried brinjal, potato fingers, chopped spring onion greens and cook for 4 minutes on high.
- Mix the corn flour mixture in it.
- Add tomatoes and vinegar in it. Serve hot.