- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
Blue cheese adds a tantalizing tang to a spicy meatball recipe. Serve as appetizers or on pasta for a kicked up entree.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pulse garlic, onion and jalapenos in a food processor until minced.
- Scrape the onion mixture into a large bowl along with the beef, blue cheese, breadcrumbs, egg, olive oil, soy sauce, chives, Italian seasoning, chili powder, salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.
- Roll the beef mixture into 2-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until meatballs are lightly browned and no longer pink in the center.