- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This will become a favorite dish for the family due to its delicious flavor and simple preparation.
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1-1/2 pounds hangar steak or beef tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, cut into quarters
- 3 tomatoes, chopped, or 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 jalapeño chilies, seeds and ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds baby spinach
- Place all of the dry spices inside of a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the beef and toss to coat.
- Place the oil into a large skillet over high heat and add the onions and garlic. Sauté the mixture for 2 minutes and then add the beef and brown for 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomatoes, jalapeños, peanuts, wine and a few pinches of salt to taste. Cook the mixture for 1 minute and then add the spinach and another pinch of salt.
- Once the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes, remove mixture from pan and serve hot.