- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
How often have you bypassed the crisp, creamy-white parsnips, grabbing carrots or sweet potatoes, instead? This slightly sweet root vegetable, reminiscent of a carrot in shape and flavor, begs to be baked tender with a buttery spice blend.
- 2 pounds parsnips, trimmed, diced (about 5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Â½ teaspoon clove
- Â¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Â¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Â¼ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss until well coated.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a square 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour parsnips into baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, about 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with dollops of plain yogurt and a garnish of chopped fresh chives.