- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 8
- 4 green apples, cored, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Generous pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a stockpot over medium-high heat, stirring to combine.
- Cover and bring to a vigorous simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chutney is done when apples are very tender and liquid has thickened.
- Let cool and store in refrigerator in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.