- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4-6 Servings
Enjoy this spicy, hot and smoky chipotle pepper sauce slathered on your favorite grilled meat.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups light beer or water
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons purchased habanero hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Place the sugar in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat; do not stir.
- Once the sugar begins to melt, reduce the heat to low and stir in the onion and the garlic. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the boiling beer to the sugar mixture, whisking continuously to prevent sticking, and then add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, habanero sauce, chipotle peppers, and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.