- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These spiced cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Mix together shortening, brown sugar and sugar.
- Beat in egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in zucchini, raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.