- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: Makes 4 dozen cookies
These spiced cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup coffee.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend flour combination into the egg mixture.
- Fold in raisins and chopped nuts.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 6-8 minutes or until cookies begin to turn a golden brown.