- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Makes 2 loaves
Consider serving this spiced bread at your next holiday dinner.
- 3 cans sliced pears, drained and mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3-1/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix together pears, sugar, applesauce, vegetable oil and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Blend flour combination into pear mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.