- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These spiced oatmeal cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.