- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8-10 People
This spiced coffee cake serves well alongside a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine 1-3/4 cups flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- Mix together applesauce, 3/4 cup sugar, egg, vanilla and milk.
- Blend flour combination into applesauce mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix together remaining flour, cinnamon, butter and sugar until mixture becomes crumbly; sprinkle over top of cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.