- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
Dried Pomegranate Seeds are also known as Anardana. They add an enjoyable touch of sweet-tartness when added to a dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground dried pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Place the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the onion and sauté, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, dried pomegranate seeds, coriander, cumin, pepper, cloves and a pinch of salt, and then cook the mixture over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan, stir to combine and then add a few pinches of salt to taste. Serve warm.