- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 4
A delicious dip with just the right sweet and spicy blend of flavors. Serve as a spread for whole-wheat crackers, or as a dip for tortilla chips.
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots, plus extra to garnish
- grated rind and juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon hot curry paste
- 2/3 cup Greek-style yogurt
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- red Tabasco sauce, to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chop the onion, and peel and great the carrots.
- In a small sauce pan, add the onion, carrots, orange rind, orange juice and curry paste. Bring to a boil and then simmer gently, covered, for 10 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Place the mixture in a food processor and process until reaching a smooth consistency. Remove, place into serving bowl and let cool.
- Mix in the yogurt and then tear the basil leaves into small pieces. Stir into the carrot mixture.
- Pour in the lemon juice and the Tabasco, and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with some grated carrot and serve at room temperature.