- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These spiced cookies are great for sharing with friends and family, especially during the holiday season.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream shortening and brown sugar; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend flour combination into sugar mixture.
- Fold in chopped nuts, apples and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown.