- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
I always like to serve these mixed nuts during cocktail parties. They go very well with straight-up cocktails like whiskey and rye.
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the egg white in a small bowl and lightly beat. Add the water and continue to beat until frothy but not stiff.
- Stir in the nuts and mix until thoroughly coated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, salt and cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture over the nuts and toss to coat.
- Spread the nut mixture onto the baking sheet and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking.