- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
No need for any added flair or lavish garnishes for this grilled T-bone steak dinner. A simple mix of ancho chile powder, cumin, hot paprika and garlic powder is all you need to dress these succulent steaks. Serve with a bottle of Syrah or Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 T-bone steaks, cut 1 inch thick 3-1/4 pounds total at room temperature
- Prepare a gill on medium heat.
- Place the ancho chile powder, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix well to combine. Rub the steaks on both sides with the spice mixture and then place on the hot grill.
- For medium-rare doneness, cook the steaks for 8 minutes per side, and then transfer to a serving platter; let rest for 5 minutes prior to serving.