- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 4
Rice mixed with vegetables in North Indian style.
- 2 1/2 cup rice (washed and drained)
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 4 medium Onions, chopped
- 2 medium Potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup Cauliflower, cut into large pieces
- 1 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chillie
- 1 Green Chillie, chopped
- 4 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Take a heavy base deep saucepan, heat 4 teaspoon vegetable oil in it on medium heat.
- Add Cumin seeds in it, let them turn into brown color.
- Add Onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Carrot, Potatoes, Cauliflower and Green Chillie to it. Mix well.
- Add Salt, Coriander Powder and Red Chillie to it. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice and 5 1/2 cup water in it. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook until rice are done.
- Serve hot.