- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 20
Spanish Tomato Sauce can be used as an alternative to tomato ketchup.
- 1 kg ripe Tomatoes, pealed and chopped
- 3 tbsp Cold Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 5 Basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry garlic and onion in it until onions become golden brown in colour.
- Add tomatoes to it and cook while stirring until a thick sauce is prepared. Add water if required.
- Add basil leaves, salt and sugar in it.
- Serve hot or cold with snacks.