- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 6-8
Succulent pieces of roasted shrimp are served with a flavorful Spanish-inspired sauce made with tomatoes, garlic, almonds, hazelnut and pimento.
- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 slices bread, crusty
- 1/2 cup almonds, whole, with skin on
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (or pine nuts)
- 1 pimiento (or roasted red pepper)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, tails on (25 per pound size)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, bread, almonds and hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Carefully transfer the hot ingredients to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the pimentos, vinegar, oil, paprika, and salt to the processor, and continue to blend the mixture until combined.
- Place the shrimp into a large bowl and toss with half of the prepared sauce to coat. Transfer the shrimp to a baking sheet and then place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and serve immediately with the remaining sauce.