- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This colorful Spanish seafood stew is made with a combination of cod, clams, mussels and spicy chorizo sausage. Serve with a loaf of rustic bread and a bottle of Shiraz or White Burgundy wine.
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) Picante sauce
- 1 bottle (about 8 ounces) clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 package (about 3-1/2 ounces) chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2-1/2 pounds cod, cut into large pieces
- 24 littleneck clams
- 16 mussels, well scrubbed
- 2 cup long-grain white rice
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In the meantime, place the picante sauce, clam juice and wine into a soup pot over high heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the chorizo, cod and clams, and then cover the pot and cook over low heat for 12 minutes.
- Divide the rice between 8 bowls and then ladle in the soup making sure to discard any clams that have not opened.