- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr
- Total: 6 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Serve this rice with your favorite mexican dish.
- 1 pound of lean ground round or turkey
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice, raw
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a skillet brown ground round and onion.
- Place in a crock pot.
- Saute rice in butter until golden brown.
- Pour it into the crock pot.
- Blend it in with meat.
- Add tomato juice, water and green pepper to mixture.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or hight for 2 to 3 hours.