- Prep: 12 hr
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 13 hr
- Serving: 6
The lowly lima gets a bit jazzed up in Spanish Lima Beans.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups strained tomatoes
- 2 cups dried lima beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup American cheese, shredded
- Soak dried beans overnight; cook until nearly half done, set aside.
- Saute onions and green peppers in olive oil; add tomatoes, salt, Worcestershire sauce and simmer 10 minutes. Add beans and simmer 20 minutes. Add cheese.
- Pour into a greased casserole and bake at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.