- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4 people
Spanish chicken is a great southwestern alternative to your everyday chicken dish.
- 2 pounds chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced.
- 2/3 cup rice
- 1/2 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento
- Heat olive oil in large skillet and add chicken. Cook until browned.
- Pour off fat and add chicken broth and garlic. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed. You'll want to stir occasionally.