- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Using fresh ingredients like basil, tomatoes and freshly grated parmesan cheese gives this dish amazing flavor and color.
- 12 ounces spaghettini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons shredded basil
- 1-1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package direction, drain (reserving 1/2 cup of pasta liquid) and then place back into pot.
- In the meantime, place the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add the bacon and the crushed red pepper to the pan and cook for 4 minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook the mixture for 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the bacon mixture to the pasta along with 3/4 cup of cheese. Toss to combine over medium heat until the cheese melts, adding the reserved pasta liquid as needed.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper and serve immediately topped with the basil and the remaining cheese.