- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 4 Servings
A simple yet satisfying pasta dish that can be made and on your plate in 25 minutes, use imported tuna packed in oil for additional flavor.
- Coarse sea salt and freshly black pepper
- 3/4 cup firmly packed medium-sized pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup broken walnut pieces
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 lemon
- 1 (5-ounce) can imported tuna in oil, drained and flaked
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for serving
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain (reserving 1/2 cup pasta water) and place back into the cooking pot. Drizzle the pasta with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to coat.
- In the meantime, place the olives, basil, parsley, walnuts, garlic and a pinch of salt into a food processor and process the mixture until finely chopped.
- With the machine motor running, slowly add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil to the mixture and process until blended.
- Add the pesto and the reserved pasta liquid to the pasta, along with the lemon juice, tuna and some salt and black pepper to taste. Toss to combine and then serve immediately with the cheese.