- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Adding edamame beans to this fresh parsley and chive-tossed pasta dish gives it buttery texture, protein and wonderful flavor.
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 bunch of parsley, leaves only
- 1 handful of fresh chives
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 (14.5-ounce) box spaghetti, uncooked
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, drain (reserving a bit of the pasta water) and then place into a bowl.
- In the meantime, cook the edamame according to package directions, drain and place into the same bowl with the hot pasta.
- While the spaghetti and edamame are cooking, turn a food processor on and drop the garlic down the processor chute to chop. Add the parsley, chives and lemon juice and process the mixture until thoroughly combined. With the motor running, slowly pour the oil down the chute and blend well.
- Transfer the sauce to the pasta mixture and toss well to combine, adding some of the reserved pasta liquid if the sauce is too thick. Serve the pasta immediately sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper and Parmesan cheese.