- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Hot spaghetti and spinach are tossed with sautéed chicken and baby portabella mushrooms in this delicious pasta dish recipe.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10-11 ounces baby spinach
- 6 ounces chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound baby portabella mushrooms, brushed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup hot vegetable stock
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- olive oil for drizzling
- Cook the pasta according to package directions but add the spinach to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Strain the mixture well and then place back into the pot.
- In the meantime, place 1-1/2 tablespoons of oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and cook for 6 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and the vegetable stock and then bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Sprinkle the chicken mixture with some additional salt and pepper, and then add the pasta and spinach to the pan along with the cheese and the chives. Drizzle with some additional oil and then toss once more prior to serving.