- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 26 min
- Total: 41 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This traditional Italian dish can be made with spaghetti, fettuccini, rigatoni or bucatini. Serve with a few grinds of fresh black pepper on top.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 small diced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced and crushed
- 12 ounces (3/4 of a pound package) spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan
- 8 strips of thickly cut bacon, cut into thin strips or diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, Parmesan, heavy cream, a few pinches of salt and 6 grinds of black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, cook the bacon until lightly crisp and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, add the onion to the skillet with the bacon and sauté on medium-low heat for about 7-8 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Place drained spaghetti in the sauté pan and toss well with the bacon and garlic mixture.
- Pour in the egg mixture and mix vigorously so the egg doesn’t scramble. The egg will cook in the hot pasta. Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.