- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This dish works well as a flavorful side dish or as a vegetarian meal. Try tossing with colorful vegetables to make it appealing to the eye!
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp sliced black olives
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on the sheet and bake 30 minutes or until a sharp knife can be inserted with barely any resistance.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes or until it can be handled.
- In the meantime, heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until tender. Add garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the string-like "spaghetti" pulp from the squash and place in a medium bowl. Discard skins.
- Toss "spaghetti" with the sauteed vegetables (feel free to add other kinds), olives, feta cheese, basil and salt/pepper. Serve warm.