- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 15 min
- Serving: 5
It's not just a spaghetti sauce. Serve it over your favorite pasta or try a variety. Brought to you from the 50+ Friends Club cookbook.
- 8 oz. bulk Italian sausage
- 4 oz. lean ground beef
- 1 med onion, chopped (Â½ cup)
- Â½ tsp. bottled minced garlic
- 1 can tomatoes, cut up (16 oz.)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (4 oz.)
- 1 sm. green pepper, chopped (Â½ cup)
- 2 tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 6 oz. packaged dried spaghetti
- Dash salt
- Cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large sillet until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, combine the undrained tomatoes, the tomato sauce, mushrooms, green pepper, tapioca, bay leaf, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt in a 3Â½ or 4-quart crock pot.
- Stir in meat mixture.
- Cover; cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. (Or, cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.)
- Discard bay leaf.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Serve meat mixtue over spaghetti.