- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This Italian-inspired pasta dish is a simple combination of spaghetti, freshly grated Pecorino Romano and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a few pinches of sea salt and copious amounts of freshly ground black pepper. E' molto delizioso!
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Cook the pasta ‘al dente’ according to package directions, drain (reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid) and then place back into the pot.
- In the meantime, put the Pecorino Romano and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into a bowl and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the cooked pasta with some of the cheese mixture and then add a few tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid. Toss the pasta to coat and then continue this process until all of the cheese and liquid has been used up.
- Add the freshly ground black pepper and a few pinches of sea salt to the pasta and toss once again to combine. Serve immediately.