- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes enough marinade for 1-1/2 pounds steak
When you hear the word ‘Southwestern cooking’ certain ingredients and flavors are brought to mind like: chipotle, cilantro, lime, flavorful, spicy, and zesty. Try this steak marinade that captures all of those wonderful elements in one simple recipe.
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon chipotle puree
- 1 large handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Zest of 1 small lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- Place all of the ingredients listed above into a bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended. Transfer the mixture to a large Ziploc bag, add the steak and seal after removing the air from the bag.
- Massage the bag to combine the ingredients and to coat the steak, and then place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours to marinate. Discard the marinade after using.