- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 6 cups
This popular family snack has satisfying crunch and spicy flavor. Better make two batches because it tends to disappear fast!
- 6 cups unsalted hot air-popped popcorn
- 2 cups whole grain toasted oat cereal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the popcorn and the cereal into a large bowl and gently toss to combine.
- Put the butter, chile powder, cumin and garlic powder into a small saucepan, stir to combine and cook over medium-low heat until butter has melted.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the popcorn mixture, toss to combine, then sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and toss once again to coat.